- Electrolyte additives for high-voltage batteries: Synergetic combination of electrolyte additives increases the potential of high-voltage cathodes and raises the energy and power density of lithium-ion batteries
- A new water-based process for the production of cathodes for lithium-ion batteries makes electrode production much more environmentally friendly.
- Determine battery charge states: A new method reduces the number of current sensors needed to find out the charging status of all the cells in a battery
- A reinforcement for electrolytes: New class of materials consisting of filler-reinforced polymerised ionogels can be used as solid electrolyte membrane for lithium-ion batteries.
- Zigzagging to the cell stack: A novel, automated procedure for stacking optimises manufacturing for lithium-ion battery cells.
- Strong polymers for stronger accumulators: An efficiently manufactured separator made of a novel material mix can lengthen the life of lithium-ion accumulators.
- Fixed with a click: KIT scientists have developed a holder that speeds up the assembling of modules of electric energy storage devices.
- Of plates and pastes: New production method for thick-film substrates creates efficient and multifunctional power electronics modules.
- A mobility check for separators: A new measuring method reveals lithium mobility in separators and makes performance in the battery cell quantifiable.
- Preventing cracks in electrode material: New zero-strain electrode material consisting of lithium-metal fluoride for lithium-ion batteries.
- Electrolyte for magnesium batteries: KIT scientists are developing an electrolyte that is simple to manufacture and could be used in novel magnesium batteries.
- Chloride-ion Accumulator: Future Batteries Might Be Based on Environmentally Compatible, Easily Accessible, and Inexpensive Chlorine Instead of the Much Less Abundant Lithium
- Environmentally Compatible Electricity Storage Systems: KIT-developed Cathode Material Makes Accumulators Cheaper and Environmentally More Compatible
- More Energy for Storage Batteries: A Novel Cathode Material Increases the Energy Density of Lithium-ion Storage Batteries
- Long-life Batteries: Modified Electrode Material Improves Charging and Discharging Cycle Stability of Lithium Ion Batteries
- Hydrogen storage in the future: LIQHYSMES system for high-efficiency short-term and long-term storage of electric energy.
- New three-phase converter topology with high efficiency and power density generates low-distortion output voltages for mains, drive and test applications.
- Transformers for the energy turnaround: A compact, low-cost design for solid-state transformers has proved to be particularly adaptable in switching to renewable energies.
- Good supra-conducting links: A connector with low resistance enables supra-conducting power cables to be connected quickly and efficiently and requiring minimum space.
- Coiled to cut out short-circuiting: Supra-conductive transformer with new coil concept proves successful as an efficient current limiter.
- Innovative Circuit for Photovoltaics: Transformerless inverter for thin-film or reverse-side contacted solar cells makes plants more efficient.